Tuesday, October 23

A friend that I had made in the hostel when I first arrived came back through Madrid last Thursday and we got to spend some time together. Like me, he´s from Southern California and made for very good company over the weekend. Even though I´ve only been here about a month, I was able to show him some nice spots including El Museo Reina Sofia, with it´s large art collection by Dali and Picasso, including the latters haunting painting ¨Guernica¨. We also went to a smokey blues club called ¨La Coquette¨ where we heard some absolutely hypnotic records (I´ll have to return for the live music Tuesdays-Thursdays). I took him to ¨Shooters¨, a local bar and pool hall, for a second time and won best out of five games, I was awfully proud of myself. We took in a movie as well, Eastern Promises, the one I´ve been wanting to see for a while and were both very impressed by the acting and script. And all the time we dined in some of Madrid´s best eateries that I´ve so far discovered, indulging in Sangria, Paella, Chocolate y Churros, Tortillas EspaƱolas and Croquetas.
So, who´s coming out next?

Picasso´s Guernica


Dali´s Muchacha en la Ventana

No comments: